Dear Parents and Caregivers,
We want to thank you all for your support in what has been one of the most unusual starts to a school term we have ever seen.
Following the Premier’s announcement yesterday, school is to return as of Monday May 18th (Week 4). This means, online learning and home learning packages will cease, and students will be required to return to school for face-to-face learning.
Pre-Kindy students are not yet ready to come back. Please stay tuned for more information on their return throughout the coming weeks.
Please note, Semester 1 reports will look different as we will not be reporting on achievement, rather student progress.
As always our priority is the safety of staff and students. It is vitally important that children and staff who are sick remain at home. Children with a cough, sore throat, temperature, running nose etc will be sent home and need to stay at home until they are well. Our focus is on not sharing any germs with one another. High levels of personal hygiene will be reinforced
throughout the day.
The following measures will continue to be put into place for the remainder of Term 2:
- Enhanced cleaning throughout each day. Extra cleaners are on site to ensure high-traffic surface areas are consistently cleaned.
- Parents are required to drop their children at the gates. We encourage parents to use the current gate drop off and pick up plan. No parents permitted on site at this stage.
- Gates will open at 8:15am for an 8:30am start. This applies to all Kindy to Year 6 students.
- Kindy parents: a reminder to please pick up at 2:45pm, to help decrease congestion at the K/PP gate.
- Until further notice, there will be no assemblies, carnivals or large school gatherings.
- Parents are encouraged to continue to send their children with water bottles each day. At this stage, water fountains will remain turned off.
- Playground structures are currently closed however I am researching safe options for reopening them.
If you require to meet or speak with your child's teacher, please contact them via Seesaw. Any concerns or queries can be sent to
We thank you again for your support and understanding as we begin to return to normalcy for Term 2.
Lee Musumeci and The Challis Team