Pre K Enrolment
Application for Enrolment forms can be obtained from the Challis Parenting and Early Learning Centre and the School Office.
If you would like your child to be considered for the program, please complete the Application for Enrolment form and return it to the School Office. You will then be notified if your application has been accepted and if successful you will be asked to come in to school to complete the Enrolment form.
If you have any questions about the Early Learning Program, please don’t hesitate to contact The Parenting
on 9391 4150 the School Office on 9391 4100.
Conditions of Enrolment
Challis Parenting and Early Learning Centre offer a Pre Kindergarten program to children who
- Reside within the Challis Community Primary School boundary
- Have turned three years of age prior to June 30th
- Student must enrol at Challis Early Childhood Education Centre for further education (Kindergarten, Pre Primary Year One/Year Two).
- If the student moves out of the Challis Boundary area, enrolment is deemed invalid, and the position will be offered to the next child on the waitlist.
- Attend all sessions (two per week)
- Notify and explain all absences.
The focus of the Pre Kindergarten programme is to provide early intervention and preparation for Kindergarten the following year. The programme involves a Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Child Health Nurse and other specialists. As there is a high demand for places in the programme please be aware of the following expectations:
1. Children will attend each session, with the exception of illness. Four missed sessions will result in the child’s placement being reviewed by the Principal.
2. Parents will ensure that they attend all appointments when advised by a member of the team.
3. If you move out of the Challis Community Primary School boundary, enrolment is deemed invalid and your child's place in the Pre Kindergarten programme will be given to the next child on the waitlist.
4. If you apply for enrolment in a four year old Kindergarten programme at a school other than Challis Community Primary School, Pre Kindergarten enrolment is deemed invalid and your child's place in the Pre Kindergarten programme will be given to the next child on the waitlist.
Pre Kindergarten is run by qualified Early Childhood Teachers and Education Assistants. The key component of the programme is parent participation and involvement with input from an Occupational Therapist and Speech Pathologist.
The Pre Kindergarten programme provides emphasis on Language, Social/Emotional and Physical Development in a child's readiness for school. Parents are invited in to the Pre Kindergarten programme for a specific sessions and are expected to have a high involvement in their Childs learning.
We can help you with your enrolment enquiries anytime throughout the year.
Are You Within our School Catchment Area?
If you are unsure if you live within the boundaries please come to our school Reception to view a detailed map, or ring 9391 4100 to talk to our School Officers and check your address is within the Challis Boundary.
While Kindergarten in Western Australia is not compulsory, most children attend because parents understand that it helps give their children the best start to school.
Children can start Kindergarten when turning four years old by 30 June of the year they attend.
Kindergarten is the beginning of children's journey through school where they learn important early numeracy, literacy and social skills.
Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn four on or before 1st July in the previous year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school for Pre Primary.
To enrol in a WA public school, you will need to bring these documents with you:
- your child’s birth certificate or identity documents
- proof of student’s address – originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
- Immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
- family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).
If your child is not a permanent resident you will also need to provide:
- passport or travel documents
- current visa and previous visas (if applicable).
It’s important that you tell the Principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, before your child starts school.
During the application process, you may be asked to complete an application to enrol School form and return it to us. Once this application has been submitted and all relevant documents checked the school will contact you with the outcome. If your child has been accepted you will then need to fill in an Enrolment form before your child commences at Challis Community Primary School