3 Year Old Kindergarten
A 3 yr old kindy run by a qualified Early Childhood teacher and Education Assistant.
The emphasis on this programme is language, social/emotional and physical development in readiness to begin schooling
Pre K Enrolment
Application for Enrolment forms can be obtained from the Challis Parenting and Early Learning Centre and the School Office.
If you would like your child to be considered for the program, please complete the Application for Enrolment form and return it to the School Office. You will then be notified if your application has been accepted and if successful you will be asked to come in to school to complete the Enrolment form.
If you have any questions about the Early Learning Program, please don’t hesitate to contact The Parenting
Centre on 93991144 or the School Office on 9399 3255.
Conditions of Enrolment
Challis Parenting and Early Learning Centre offer a Pre Kindergarten program to children who
- Reside within the Challis Community Primary School boundary
- Have turned three years of age prior to June 30th
- Student must enrol at Challis Early Childhood Education Centre for further education (Kindergarten, Pre Primary Year One/Year Two).
- If the student moves out of the Challis Boundary area, enrolment is deemed invalid, and the position will be offered to the next child on the waitlist.
- Attend all sessions (two per week)
- Notify and explain all absences.
The focus of the Pre Kindergarten programme is to provide early intervention and preparation for Kindergarten the following year. The programme involves a Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Child Health Nurse and other specialists. As there is a high demand for places in the programme please be aware of the following expectations:
1. Children will attend each session, with the exception of illness. Four missed sessions will result in the child’s placement being reviewed by the Principal.
2. Parents will ensure that they attend all appointments when advised by a member of the team.
3. If you move out of the Challis Community Primary School boundary, enrolment is deemed invalid and your child's place in the Pre Kindergarten programme will be given to the next child on the waitlist.
4. If you apply for enrolment in a four year old Kindergarten programme at a school other than Challis Community Primary School, Pre Kindergarten enrolment is deemed invalid and your child's place in the Pre Kindergarten programme will be given to the next child on the waitlist.
Pre Kindergarten is run by qualified Early Childhood Teachers and Education Assistants. The key component of the programme is parent participation and involvement with input from an Occupational Therapist and Speech Pathologist.
The Pre Kindergarten programme provides emphasis on Language, Social/Emotional and Physical Development in a child's readiness for school. Parents are invited in to the Pre Kindergarten programme for a specific sessions and are expected to have a high involvement in their Childs learning.